Top 10 Fun Facts about Snickers
We all love Snickers. That delicious combination of peanut nougat topped with roasted peanuts and caramel, all enrobed in smooth milk chocolate is simply irresistible to many. The number one selling candy bar in the world, Snickers has annual global sales of well over $2 billion and can rightly be considered confectionery royalty.
But what do you know about it?
Below is a list of the Top 10 Fun Facts about Snickers. Many of which might well surprise you!
10. When it was launched in 1930 the Snickers bar cost a mere 5 cents.
9. The name Snickers name came from a favourite horse of the Mars family.
8. Between 1933 to 1935 Snickers was actually a two-piece bar called “Double SNICKERS.” In 1936 it reverted to a single format.
7. In 1984 Snickers was the Official Snack Food sponsor of the Olympics in Los Angeles.
6. Snickers is sold in more than 70 countries around the world including India, Australia, the UK and America.
5. Over 15 million Snickers bars are manufactured every day
4. Snickers traditionally have around 16 peanuts in each bar
3. In the United Kingdom and Ireland, Snickers was sold under the brand name Marathon until 1990.
2. Snickers is perhaps the only chocolate bar in the world that has sporn a popular salad – Snickers Salad, a mix of Snickers bars, Granny Smith apples, whipped cream and often a pudding or whipped topping served in a bowl.
1. In the past limited addition Snickers have been made to coincide with the launch of Blockbuster Hollywood films. These include Snickers with Green Filling for Shrek the Third and a Snickers Adventure Bar for Indiana Jones.
Have these facts got you feeling like a Snickers?