Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Jelly Belly Beans
Gourmet Jelly Belly Beans have been popular in the USA and UK for several years now. But in recent times Jelly Bellys has really taken Australia by storm.
Cute to look at and great to eat they are a very popular choice of wedding bombonieres. Also they are also a great treat to eat at the beach, cinema or during long periods of travel too.
If you love the product and would like to find out a bit more about it then check out these fun facts and trivia about them.
It relates to everything you ever wanted to know about Jelly Bellys. So should be of interest to you.
Jelly Belly Beans Facts
• Created in 1976, Jelly Belly were the first jelly beans to be sold in single flavours.
• Jelly Bellys were also the first Jelly Beans to come with a menu of flavours.
• The Jelly Belly Candy Co is a 5th generation family owned company. It was founded by two brothers in 1868 and called Goelitz Confectionery.
• Currently the company employs over 800 people.
• It also has an annual revenue of over $190 million.
• The company’s HQ is at One Jelly Belly Lane in Fairfield, California.
• Jelly Belly also has a second manufacturing facility in North Chicago, Illinois. It also has a distribution center in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin.
• In addition to both them they also have a 50,000 square foot manufacturing plant in Rayong, Thailand. This serves the international market.
• Over 2,000,000 jelly beans are created at Jelly Belly’s manufacturing plants every hour. This equates to over 16 billion beans every year.
• Currently, there are 50 ‘official’ flavours of Jelly Belly’s. Overall there are more than 100 different flavours of jelly beans in total.
• The name Jelly Belly is alleged to have been inspired by the 1920s blues singer, Leadbelly.
• Jelly Belly Beans has less than 4 calories each and also has no fat.
• They are also free from wheat, gluten, dairy and nuts. As well as being suitable for vegetarians too as they have no gelatine.
• In addition Jelly Belly’s are certified OU/OUD Kosher.
• The original 8 flavours of Jelly Bellys were Very Cherry, Root Beer, Cream Soda and Tangerine, as well as Green Apple, Lemon, Liquorice and Grape too.
• Very Cherry is the most popular flavour of Jelly Belly Beans. Closely followed by Buttered Popcorn.
• It can take 21 days to create a single bean.
• Each jelly bean is embossed with the Jelly Belly logo to ensure it is the real deal.
• As a rule Jelly Belly Beans uses natural flavours where possible. This includes fruit purees in the Raspberry, Blueberry, Peach flavours.
• One of Jelly Belly’s unique selling points is that they are flavoured all throughout the jelly beans. Standard variants no taste in the centre.
• To get the best from Jelly Belly beans, eat one at a time. This will allow you to savour the flavour of each one and fully appreciate the intensity of its taste.
• In addition to their official flavours Jelly Belly Beans also trials ‘rookie’ flavours each year. If successful they will eventually be granted official status by replacing the least selling of such flavour.
• Current rookie flavours include Guarana, Guava, Chilli Mango and Sakura (Cherry Blossom).
• Previous rookie flavours have included Boysenberry, Café Latte, Jalapeno and Papaya.
• You can combine different flavours of Jelly Bellys to create cocktails.
• The Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield, California, has daily tours to the public. In 2014 it was named one of best factory tours for kids by FamilyFun Magazine.
• There are many fine examples of Jelly Belly Art. Unique creations made entirely from Jelly Bellys.
• Jelly Belly Beans have also appeared in music videos too.
• Ronald Reagan was Jelly Bellys most famous fan. He always kept a jar of them on his desk in the White House and on Air Force One.
• The blueberry flavour of Jelly Belly Beans was created in tribute to Ronald Reagan when he was made President in 1981.
• Jelly Bellys were the first jelly beans in outer space. President Reagan sent them on the 1983 flight of the space shuttle Challenger with Sally Ride. She herself was a first. The first female USA astronaut to fly in to space.
• Jelly Belly BeanBoozled have some weird flavours like Stinky Socks, Rotten Egg and mouldy cheese.
Have Any Fun Facts About Jelly Belly Beans?
Do you have any fun facts about Jelly Belly, or indeed a flavour you like best?
Let us know in the comments field below if you do.
If you would like to buy some Jelly Bellys online in Australia please check out our online store.
We ship orders of this brand of jelly beans to any address in the country.
Orders are sent by either Australia Post or Fastway Couriers. Depending on where you live.
If the total cost of your order is over $150 we will send it to you for free.