Planning A Wedding Candy Buffet?
Starting life as a cost effective alternative to the dessert course, they are now also used as a visual centrepiece at the reception that really grabs the attention of guests.
Vibrant, colourful and inviting they provide a warm energy to the occasion, which will only add to the magic of it.
When presented properly, most suitably with bright coloured balloons, ribbons and streamers, they can make a very striking and artistic decoration.
One that will quickly become a major talking point of your wedding guests.
Why Choose a Wedding Candy Buffet?
There are many reasons to choose a candy buffet for your wedding over the more traditional dessert course.
Typically they are cheaper to fund. They also have a ‘Wow Factor’ many dessert choices simply might not deliver to your guests.
In addition they also provide your guests with a lot more choice and there is no wastage.
Whatever is not consumed can either be given as your wedding bombonieres or simply eaten by you and your family in the days after the wedding.
Choosing a Theme
A big advantage to a Wedding Candy Buffet is that it can be fully customised to suit any budget, theme or style of wedding.
This includes formal, beach or even garden weddings.
You can even design one around a colour, flavour or dietary requirement too. For example, a red coloured buffet, a mint flavoured selection or even a gluten free one.
When it comes to choosing a candy buffet theme for your wedding the choice is literally and figuratively yours.
Some of the most popular themes include those of a specific colour, or brand like Allen’s Lollies. Other regular choices include a buffet of Belgian chocolates, chocolate hearts and gummy lollies.
Creating Your Wedding Lolly Bar
Once you have decided on your wedding theme the next stage is to determine how you will present your buffet.
Most typically this takes the form of jars, bowls or also vases. The venue may well have these already. Or at least should be able to help you source them.
Makes sure the venue also has a big enough table, as well as an extra nice tablecloth for it. White is always a good option here.
Having decided on these presentation aspects you can start the process of buying the items for your buffet.
Choosing Lollies For Your Wedding Confectionery Bar
Choosing the confectionery for your buffet may well actually be your most difficult task.
It is always a good idea to offer a nice range of choice in your Wedding Candy Buffet.
Between 8 – 12 items is a perfectly acceptable number. Though some people choose as many as 18 options.
For visual effect the more colours you can offer the better. Although pairs of colours i.e. red and white, silver and teal, yellow and green, also work very well too.
At Moo-Lolly-Bar we stock over 1500 different types of chocolate, lollies and confectionery for weddings in Australia.
Some of the most popular chocolates and lollies include:
Wedding Lolly Bar Tips
If you are planning on using a wedding candy buffet for your reception there are a few tips you should remember.
1. Make sure the Candy Buffet Table is located in an area well away from the dance floor. The last thing you want is a big line up snaking through where other people are trying to dance.
2. If using lollies plan for a minimum of 100 grams per guest. Therefore if you have 100 guests in attendance you should order at least 10kg of lollies as a bare minimum.
3. Include some gluten free options.
4. Make sure you have a clear warning label against any items that might contain nuts or anything else that your guests might be allergic too.
5. For a better visual effect use glass candy jars that come in a variety of sizes and also shapes.
6. Make sure you have spoons or scoops for each bowl or jar.
7. Give your guests noodle boxes to put their lollies or chocolates in. This way they create their own personalised bombonieres.
8. For an extra special touch personalise each noodle box with the name of the guest, or a reference to your wedding.
9. Be mindful of where the reception will be taking place. Gummy lollies and most types of chocolates won’t stand up too well at an outdoor reception. Similarly wrapped lollies are a much better option if you are having a beach reception.
10. To make the Wedding Candy Buffet as visually appealing as possible decorate it with balloons, streamers, signs and also other nice decorative touches.
Planning A Wedding Candy Buffet?
Since 2006 Moo-Lolly-Bar has served the Wedding Confectionery Buffet needs of hundreds of brides and grooms in Australia.
Whether your is a traditional, romantic, classical or modern wedding, we’ll have a range of chocolates, lollies and confectionery to suit your chosen colour scheme or theme.
We send orders to any work, home and also PO Box address in Australia.
We can even ship directly to your wedding venue if it is easier for you.
All orders are sent by either Fastway Couriers or Australia Post. Depending on where you live.
You will be able to track the delivery progress of both of these methods online 24/7 from our door to yours.
Also if the total cost of your order is over $150 we will send it to you for free.